Nanny Coaching can help you work through challenges with a professional who understands you in order to:
- Gain confidence in communicating with your employer(s)
- Work with parents who have different childcare strategies
- Strengthen your interview skills and get feedback on your resume or portfolio
Nanny Coaching is like having a life coach that centers on your career as a nanny and helps you successfully interact with your current and future employers. It enhances your ability to learn, make changes and achieve the desired goals you have for your career and within the family.
What is Coaching?
Coaching is not teaching, although it is educational.
While teaching can fade, coaching reinforces learned concepts and skills until they become second nature. Your coach often provides skills training in the “need-to-know” moment that formal teaching missed. She will also help you to re-discover how much you already know. You learn more by discovering answers than by hearing them.
Coaching is not therapy, but it is therapeutic.
The focus of coaching is on taking a hard look at what a fulfilling life and career really looks like, and then identifying specific plans, action steps, and ways of thinking that will move you toward achieving your desired goals. Coaching is focused both on what kind of nanny you want to be and then on taking action. It looks at the future, not the past.
The structure of coaching is flexible.
Nanny Coaching can be a one-time session or ongoing session that build on each other. You and your coach design a coaching arrangement that meets your individual needs and schedule. Coaching sessions are scheduled in 45-minute increments via phone or video chat. A pre-meeting questionnaire is given to you to be filled out no less than 48 hours before the session. Sessions may be focused on one specific challenge you are facing, or on a much broader set of issues.
Nanny Coaching can also help you:
- Explore your ideal job goals and gain focus on the “must haves”
- Develop skills to land that next great position
- Identify the frustrations of job “extras” and gain skills on negotiating through them
- How to motivate change in the family
- How to help parents improve the bond with their child
Invest in yourself and your career:
- 45 minutes of private individual coaching on the topics of your choice
- $55.00 for 45 minutes for nannies (normally $80.00)
- Pre-coaching questionnaire helps refine your coaching goals